- the portion of a buttress which is left exposed when the part above is reduced in
thickness, usually a slope.
- design ofan arch or window incorporating both convex and Concave curves.
- method of trail in which the accused is given a physical test (usually painful and/or
dangerous) which, presumably, can only be met successfully if he is innocent.
- ORIEL WINDOW
- projecting curved or polygonal window.
- dungeon or pit under the floor, reached by a trap-door, used for incarcerating prisoners
(Scottish pit prison).