- entrance vestibule.
- longer, western arm of a cathedral or church.
- centre support for a spiral stair.
- pillar placed in a right angle formed by the edges of two sets of stonework used in
the jambs of a doorway.
- Norman architecture, the English version of Romanesque (1066-1190).
- NOTITIA DIGNITATUM
- A directory of Roman imperial appointments, ie: military commanders, fortifications, governorships, etc. The document was a compilation of earlier documents dating back into the third century AD. The earliest copy extant dates to c.425 and resides in the Bodleian Library at Oxford.
- women dedicated to the religious life usually a member of a religious