The early 14th century spire of All Saints' dominates the length of Broad Street, despite the great cathedral sitting at the opposite end. It is very much a living church with wide open spaces for activities of all kinds. The western end has even been converted into a terraced cafe.
This modern hustle and bustle in no way detracts, however, from the ancient heart of the building where stands the treasure which many visitors still come to see. For here are All Saints' superb set of 14th century choir stalls, highly carved and complete with amusing misericords. They could have sat ten monks from the small French monastic order that owned the building at that time. There is also a contemporary parish chest and, above, a strikingly colourful modern east window depicting the city's patrons, SS. Aethelbert and Thomas Cantilupe. Other features include the elaborate pulpit and sounding board of 1621 and, in the vestry, a 17th century hour-glass (to restrict boring sermons) and a chained library.