Traditionally, the Pusey family have owned th Manor of Pusey since the time of Cnut the Dane. The family died out in 1710. Several families changed their name to Pusey in order to inherit the estate. It was one of the last Pusey descendants, John Allen Pusey who instigated the building of the present Pusey House just prior to his death in 1753. It is a beautiful five bay two and a half storey mansion with two-storey wings, and a notable garden. It later passed to JAP's wife's family, the Bouverie-Puseys, who finally sold it off in 1933.